Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Time Traveler's Accountant

Just got my first bill a few days ago. Advance rent for the 8 days in September. All quite reasonable, except for:
  • The due date: four days from receiving it (10 days from the statement being sent).
  • The ways I can pay: cheque by snail mail.
These two are obviously incompatible, unless they expect me to invent time travel in the next few days. Sent an email to see if I can handle this by internet banking, and got the reply: no problem, here are the bank details, and don't worry about the due date as long as we know that it's on its way. This seems to be a common theme: very strictly worded standard letters, sent by people who turn out to be quite reasonable and nice.

Of course this also means I finally know how much the rent actually is: a little over a hundred pounds per week. Still don't know which type of room, though this is consistent with both my first preference, as well as standard main building accomodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment