Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 15: intro day 4

Yesterday:
Finally received my debit card from HSBC. No PIN yet.
My new desk chair arrived. Yay, no more crappy little wooden chair.
Email from the chess club: match on monday.

Today:
Intro events: one boring speech after the other.
Met my supervisor,  nice guy, dislikes bureaucracy as much as I do and seems to know ways around parts of it. Gave me some papers to read and a new meeting on tuesday.

Some speeches by the computing lab directors, meh.
Drinks. Dinner. Bar Crawl (Skipped Queens', went to Wadham, St. Hugh's, back to Wolfson). We really do have the best and cheapest bar in Oxford. :D

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it strange when you come to realize :I not just AM here,I LIVE here, now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stragely, not at all. Feels like I've been here for much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny, huh? But good that you are feeling at home so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete