Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 16: a job? No thanks, I'll just become a ninja bartender.

Got an email from a startup in California this morning, offering me a job with a starting bonus of $25,000 and an unspecified but large salary (> $100,000/year ?) plus benefits. They probably found me because of the IOIs and open-source software development I did. Politely declined.

Some shopping around for groceries and cutlery, as someone took my only knife :(
Did some actual work in trying to read one of the papers my supervisor gave me, very difficult to understand.
Dinner, followed by a societies fair where all the Wolfson societies were showing off. Signed up for outdoor pursuits (trips around the UK), dinner exchange with other colleges, bujinkan ("ninja") martial arts, board games club, and bar rota (i.e. be a bartender for a day a month).
Pub quiz, third place with my team, the "Rodents of unusual size".

Also trying to brush up on my chess skills as I have a match with the university chess club on monday. Busy, busy, busy and haven't even really started yet. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment